Saturday 5 October 2013

I can finally get back on blogger! And some nice SAGA minis

I have been having issues getting onto blogger for the last couple of months.  Could not log in for love nor money, obviously I have now overcome that problem and am now back on. 

I have been painting like a demon and actually gaming every now and then as well.  So below are some figures I put on ebay, sold now but nice miniatures.  I purchased them some time ago with ideas for a great new project which then totally fell by the way side......

I ended up basing and selling them for SAGA, I have never played the game but it seems to be well liked.  Here are the first block of four, they are Gripping Beast Irish Fianna, I replaced the spears with steel ones from Gripping beast.  I used the little big man transfers, until now I was a transfer virgin.



And the second block of Fianna:
:


Some Gripping beast Norman cavalry, again I replaced the supplied spears for steel, I hand painted the shields on these:



Some black tress design huscarls, I do not think these are quite as nice as the gripping beast, the quality has more variation.  Here I had a crack at hand painting the shields. 





All in all it made a nice change from Napoleonics, I would recommend the transfers to anyone, they look better than my hand painted efforts and took no time at all.

There will be another update soon.   

2 comments:

Jim said...

Love the figures but especially the shields. Great work! SAGA, to me, is one of those games that really has longevity.

- Jim

Monty said...

Great work, I especially love the scratch painted shields.